Digital Arts Resource Centre (DARC) seeks an Administrative Coordinator to facilitate DARC’s administration and financial activities. DARC is an artist-run, not-for-profit, charitable organization, our Administrative Coordinator must be an individual who understands our distinct financial position and is familiar with the administrative and financial responsibilities as such.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for performing general clerical and communications duties related to office coordination such as filing, generating reports/correspondence, scheduling and assisting with office maintenance related duties. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing record keeping, accounts payable and receivable, payment schedules and producing financial reports. The Administrative Coordinator will work closely in collaboration with the Director and Bookkeeper on the financial stewardship of the organization.
This position welcomes an individual who is highly organized, collaborative and is an excellent problem solver. This position will allow the successful candidate the opportunity to work in an exciting arts environment with a small knit and fun team.
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in administration/finance and or 2 years minimum experience in a similar administration/finance role;
- Experience working in a not-for-profit, charity environment; knowledge of artist-run centres and non-profit/charity organizational structures considered an asset;
- Very strong administrative skills, financial analysis, organizational skills and excellent time management; detail oriented;
- Strong communication skills; confident in speaking with financial stakeholders by phone and by email;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently but also work collaboratively with colleagues and partners;
- Ability to work in English; ability to communicate (written/verbal) in French or another language considered a strong asset.
Salary: Part-time position (25 hours per week), $20/hr
Benefits: Health/Dental (option to sign into plan)
3 weeks of paid vacation (plus two non-negotiable weeks of paid vacation during the holiday closure)
Generous professional development opportunities (including comped DARC workshops), free access to DARC equipment.
This is not a remote role, duties will be performed onsite only.
Digital Arts Resource Centre is an intersectional feminist organization and employer that is eager and active in breaking down barriers for our community through our programs and resources. We respect everyone who works here, volunteers here or visits here and treats them with thoughtfulness and kindness akin to how we treat our friends. We respect our physical spaces as we would our own home or other cherished space(s). DARCs working culture prioritizes joy, self-determination, pragmatism, reflection, flexibility, accountability to the organization and accountability to each other.
HOW TO APPLY To apply, please submit a PDF of your cover letter and CV by email to Jenna Spencer, Chief of Staff, at email@example.com. We strongly encourage BIPOC, queer, trans, and nonbinary applicants to apply. The deadline for applications is Sunday October 31st, 2021 at 11:59pm. Anticipated interview dates during the week of November 1st, 2021.